Friday, May 04, 2007

inching along

I'm not sure if there's any truth to it, or if it's transition-related or just still-in-my-very-early-twenties related, but Rochelle has suggested and I hesitantly agree that I may have grown a bit in height. Maybe half an inch to an inch, but we've both noticed, and while it's not enough to spring me out of my short-guy stature, it definitely warms my heart a bit. Particularly if it means I'll have an easier time finding pants...I have the worst time with my inseam.

Other than that possibly negligible effect, there's not much to report on the physical transition front. Puberty continues on as expected- facial hair is filling in, chest hair and belly hair are making distant threats of someday conquering my torso, and my voice seems to have dropped a tiny bit more. (latest voice post is from last week) Spurred on by reading the ftmfit livejournal community, and also visiting my sister and learning some of her tennis exercises, I've been doing some small, in-home bits of working out, and my musculature is responding with gratifying speed.

Gave myself another shot this week, and seem to be learning some tricks (higher up on the thigh, hold the muscle in a stretch for 30 seconds or so after the shot), because there was no pain or cramping at all. Excellent.

Acne seems to be subsiding slightly, but I've been making an effort to drink more water, have been washing my face semi-regularly, and have started taking a multivitamin that contains vitamin A, said to be good for one's skin. so who knows if it's T-related or not.

No comments: