Monday, February 12, 2007

beastly

A sample from the latest shoot I did with Mary Ellen. So good to have this photographic record of my transition- I'm so grateful to her for lending her time and talent and photodocumentarian eye. I'm coming up on a year of physically transitioning (time for another Manniversary party, perhaps?) so maybe soon I'll do a photo retrospective.




















Time for another shot tomorrow night...I'd lost track of the time til this morning, when I realized two weeks had gone by. Funny how something can lose its urgency into normalcy as months go by, every other week down to Callen Lorde for my needleful of oil. With my one year mark, I'll probably start doing it myself- wonder if I'll have to mark my calendar? Coming full circle from the Xs I used to scrawl in 7th and 8th grade, when menstruating was still a novelty, still an excitement of its own because it marked growing out of childhood. That was before it became an inconsistent (28 day cycle my butt- the red army never invaded on the same time schedule twice) reminder that womanhood was not going to be a good fit.

No comments: